Affordable Housing Agency (AHA)
For information and to apply, please visit https://www.affordablehomesnewjersey.com/
Or email or call 609-664-2769 ext 5
Home Improvement Program
For more information and to apply, please visit http://hip.cgph.net/marlboro-home-improvement-program-2/
Or email David Landri at or call (609) 664-2783
AFFORDABLE HOUSING AGENCY (AHA)
The powers and duties of the Affordable Housing Agency shall be as follows:
- The Agency shall take any such action as may be necessary a to implement the policies and goals of the Township’s Affordable Housing ordinance along with any applicable provision(s) and/or requirements of the New Jersey Fair Housing Act (N.J.S.A. 52:27D-301 et seq.), any procedural or substantive rules promulgated by the New Jersey Council on Affordable Housing (N.J.A.C. 5:96 and 5:97 et seq.), or any provisions of the Uniform Housing Affordability Controls regulations (N.J.A.C. 5:80-26.1 et seq.), to ensure that housing units designated as very-low-, low- or moderate-income units, once constructed, shall remain affordable to and be occupied by very-low-, low- or moderate-income households.
- To report semiannually to the Mayor and Township Council on the status of very-low-, low- and moderate-income units, including but not limited to such things as the Agency's enforcement actions in connection with any matters or units with the Agency's jurisdiction.
- To take enforcement action, as authorized by § 70-11 of the Affordable Housing Ordinance, against any person or entity for violation of this chapter, the New Jersey Fair Housing Act (N.J.S.A. 52:27D-301 et seq.); the Uniform Affordability Controls Act (N.J.A.C. 5:80-26.1 et seq.); and/or the substantive and procedural rules promulgated from time to time by the Council on Affordable Housing (N.J.A.C. 5:96 and 5:97 et seq.).
- To ensure compliance and accountability of the administrative agent pursuant to N.J.A.C. 5:80-26.18(a).
- To periodically review this chapter to ensure that it is not in conflict with the UHAC.
- To provide all reasonable and necessary assistance in support of the administrative agent's efforts to ensure effective compliance with the controls set forth in the UHAC.
- To ensure that by no later than June 30 of any given year that an annual mailing is made to all affordable units within the Township which shall request that the owner verify such things, which shall include, but not be limited to, income verification, as well as all the information required in the annual mailing set forth in the UHAC [N.J.A.C. 5:80-26.18(d)(4)] as well as Appendices J and K therein.
- To implement and adjudicate the provisions of Chapter 91, entitled "Mobile Home Rent Control Law" of the Code of the Township of Marlboro.
- To implement and enforce the provisions of § 220-68 entitled "MHD-II Mobile Home Park District" of the Code of the Township of Marlboro.
- Report to the Mayor and the Township Council on the status of low, very low, and moderate-income units.
The Affordable Housing Agency consists of five regular members and two alternate members, all of whom are appointed by the Mayor. No more than two members of the Affordable Housing Agency may be Township officials and one member must be a tenant or owner/occupant of a low- or moderate-income unit who is not a township official. The Mayor also designates one member to serve as Chairperson and one member to serve as Vice-Chairperson.
Affordable Housing Mission Statement
The Affordable Housing Agency makes sure that the prices and rents for affordable units remain affordable. The Affordable Housing Agency also regulates the sale and renting of low, very low, and moderate-income housing units in order to make sure that they are only occupied by qualified households. Developers are required to give prospective purchasers and renters of low, very low, and moderate-income units copies of Marlboro Township's Affordable Housing Ordinance and disclosure statement which identifies the applicable use, occupancy and resale restrictions.
All meetings are held in Meeting Room #1 of the Administration Building, 1979 Township Drive Marlboro at 7:00PM