Division of Tax Assessment
The Tax Assessment Division is responsible for establishing real estate values for the purpose of maintaining a municipal property tax base. It also is charged with:
- Reviewing new construction for added assessment.
- Processing and reviewing veteran/senior citizen deductions and farmland/exemption applications.
- Reviewing new subdivisions for taxation purposes.
- Reviewing taxpayer assessment complaints.
- Maintaining assessment records of each separate parcel of real property assessed or exempted.
- Supervising the maintenance of a current tax map of the Township as public record and recording all changes in ownership or character of assessed real property.
The Division of Tax Assessment is managed by the Marlboro Township Tax Assessor who is under the supervision of the Monmouth County Board of Taxation which is under the jurisdiction of New Jersey Division of Local Property Taxation Department of Treasury.
The following items are available through the Monmouth County Open Public Records Search System.
Assessment Record Search: Allows you to search for assessed value, sales data, ownership information, tax list history, property record cards, annual assessment postcards and more, Click HERE
Deed search: To obtain a noncertified copy of a deed, Click HERE
TAX ASSESSMENT APPEAL
To file an appeal online and review the complete appeal guide instructions visit http://secure.njappealonline.com
To file an appeal by paper, click HERE
To get a copy of the appeal guide instructions click HERE
Marlboro Opts Out of Monmouth County Assessment Demonstration Program
Veteran/Widow of a Veteran Real Property Tax Deduction Application http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/other_forms/lpt/vss.pdf
Disabled Veteran/Widow of Disabled Veteran Real Property Tax Exemption Application http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/other_forms/lpt/dvsse.pdf