April 9, 2021
RE: SPRING CLEANUP BULK PICKUP
We are pleased to announce the 2021 Annual Spring Cleanup and Bulk Item Pickup. The regulations are summarized below, but we ask residents to review the RECYCLING REGULATIONS to ensure the safety of children, pedestrians and employees.
ZONES 6 & 7 APRIL 19
ZONES 2 & 4 APRIL 26
ZONES 1 & 8 MAY 3
ZONES 3 & 5 MAY 17
NOTE: No pick up the week following Mother’s Day weekend.
Please note the following:
- All items must be curbside by 7am of your first scheduled pick up day, but not more than the weekend prior.
- Please note that NO TVs or other electronic items such as computers, printers, stereos, etc. may be placed curbside as per state regulations. However, all electronics may be brought to the Township Recycling Center throughout the year with no permit or fee required.
- It can take up to a week to complete the bulk pick-up in a particular zone, but once the truck has cleared your street of debris they will not return. (exceptions are large appliances that may be picked up separately)
- Millponds and Point De Jardin residents must place their bulk items at the center island in front of the unit in each court.
RULES REGULATING BULK PICK UP COLLECTIONS
- Please separate metal objects from other debris.
- All appliances, such as refrigerators, washers, and dryers must have their doors removed.
- Fencing, decking, and discarded lumber must be cut to a maximum length of four (4) feet. No treated lumber will be accepted. Please hammer down all nails.
- All containers and drums must have one end removed to assure that no liquid, chemical or hazardous material is present.
- The total items placed at any residence must not exceed more than five (5) cubic yards. No single item may weigh more than 300 pounds
- Do not combine your bulk with your neighbor’s bulk.
- No tires will be picked up.
- No Electronics/Computers will be picked up at the curb
The following items will NOT be collected:
Batteries (All Types)*Branches*Bricks*Brush*Closed Barrels or Drums*Concrete & Concrete-filled Items* Containers/Items >300 lbs.* Treated Lumber* Dirt* Computers (see electronics)*Excessive Construction Debris*Grass* Hazardous Materials*Liquids of any kind* Leaves*Logs*Paint in cans* Rocks*Slate*Stones*Tires*Television (see electronics)* Treated fencing or lumber*Tree stumps*
Township Recycle Yard – Throughout the year, the Township accepts bulk items at our recycling yard. Please click this link for the required free, online permit, ONLINE BULK PERMIT . Cloth face coverings are required while in the yard. Based upon CDC Guidelines, Township staff will not be able to assist residents with placing items in any of the containers, Recycling guidelines and hours can be found on page 10 of the Recycling Calendar and HERE.
The Recycling Calendar and the most recent lawn debris collection letter are linked below. Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation as we work together to keep Marlboro streets safe and clean.
Director Department of Public Works