The position of Municipal Clerk is required by New Jersey law (N.J.S.A. 40A: 9-133) to act as Secretary of the Municipal Corporation and Custodian of the Municipal Seal, and of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts, and archival records of the municipality. Residents may seek guidance from the Office of the Municipal Clerk for various services.
- Act as secretary to the governing body, prepare meeting agendas at the discretion of the governing body, be present at all meetings of the governing body, retain the original copies of all ordinances and resolutions, and record the minutes of every meeting.
- To serve as the chief administrative officer in all elections held in the municipality subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- To serve as the chief registrar of voters in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- To serve as the administrative officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits pertaining to liquor licenses, raffle licenses, bingo licenses, and the issuance of said licenses and permits.
- To serve as coordinator and records manager responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs as mandated pursuant to Title 47 of the Revised Statutes.
- To perform such other duties as are now or hereafter imposed by statute, regulation or by municipal ordinance or regulation.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us via the phone number or email address stated above. Please leave a message if you get a recording, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We welcome your questions and concerns.