DPW Winter Collection Message #1
January 4, 2021
The Official Township Recycling Calendar will be mailed to your home in early 2021. The January 2021 recycling calendar is attached HERE and posted on the Township website.
- Christmas Tree & Bagged Leaf Collection – All zones weeks of January 11 and 18. Place on your property, not in the street. Christmas Trees should be free of decorations. Tinsel can remain.
Please note that the Department of Public works has completed curbside piled leaf collection All leaves piled in the street must be bagged in biodegradable paper bags or brought to the recycling center. Bagged leaves will be collected with Christmas Tree collection as per the January schedule.
There is no brush collection until February and no brush should be curbside at this time. Brush can be gathered on your property until your scheduled pickup date or brought to the recycling center.
As we head into the winter months, we remind you that all curbside collections are weather permitting and subject to rescheduling/cancellation by the Marlboro Office of Emergency Management. Notifications of changes are made via email, social media and posted on the Township website.
For the safety of all residents, please note the following regulations:
- Bagged leaves and Christmas Trees should be placed on your curb near the road, but NOT in the street by 7:00 am on the first day of the scheduled pickup week. For the safety of pedestrians and motorists lawn debris should not be placed at the curb earlier than one week prior to the first scheduled collection date.
- Makes sure water runs freely to the sewer inlets. Do not place lawn debris near a sewer. If you have a sewer inlet on or near your property, please take a moment to ensure the drain is clear and free from debris. With just a few minutes a month you can help reduce flooding and keep our waterways healthy! #adopt-a-drain
- If you miss the scheduled pickup items may be brought to the recycling center free of charge or you may arrange for a private contractor.
Brush and leaves cannot be commingled with each other leaves or combined with grass, rocks, stumps, construction debris, fence posts, etc., trash or recyclables and will not be collected. Landscapers or residents placing debris for collection in an unauthorized manner shall be required to remove the waste from the public right of way.
Brush and leaves are accepted at the Township Recycling Center throughout the year, free of charge. The hours of the Recycling Center are Monday and Wednesday 8:00-1:30 and Saturday 8:00-4:00. Other items that may be dropped off at the Recycling Center are:
- Electronics (TVs, computers, etc.) - No charge. No permit required.
- Bulk Items - Free Bulk Permit is required and available on line HERE.
Thank you for your cooperation as we work to keep Marlboro streets safe and clean.
Robert Miller, Superintendent of Public Works