January 7, 2021
COVID UPDATE #48
I hope everyone had a Happy New Year. This is my first COVID-19 update of 2021 and the 48th update since the pandemic began. Prior updates and resources can be found on the ‘Quick Links & Actions Section’ on the website homepage. As vaccines begin to roll out in the state, please take a moment to review below:
COVID-19 VACCINATIONS - New Jersey will roll out COVID-19 vaccines in a phased approach to all adults who live, work, or are being educated in the State. Within six months, New Jersey aims to vaccinate 70 percent of the adult population. Vaccinations are currently being given to those eligible for Phases 1A and 1B including, in part, healthcare personnel, long term care residents, law enforcement and fire professionals.
- Pre-Register for the Vaccine - Pre-register with the State and review vaccine information, at https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/vaccine
- NJ Department of Health – The NJ Department of Health December 31, 2020 edition of the Vax Matters Newsletter HERE. Their newsletters and updates can be found on their website HERE.
- Monmouth County Department of Health – To register for updates and for COVID information visit MCHD
COVID-19 Data Dashboard - As of today:
- New Jersey - New Cases: 6,314/Total Cases 510,839
- Monmouth County - New Cases: 577/ Total Cases: 49,974
- Marlboro Township – New Cases: 23/Total Cases: 1,826. This is an increase of 189 cumulative cases since December 31, 2020. Currently, there are 502 known active positive cases in the Township.
COVID-19 Testing in Marlboro: The COVID-19 testing trucks will remain the Recreation Center Parking lot until further notice. The testing is done via saliva test, you do not have to be symptomatic and results are emailed in 72 hours. Please review the flyer for dates/times, the QR code to pre-register and what is needed to expedite the process. There will be no out-of-pocket costs for the test. The flyer is posted on our website and HERE.
Testing is also available at hundreds of locations throughout the state.
- Visit the NJ COVID hub for a complete list in NJ: HERE.
- Monmouth County provides testing locations for residents and first responders throughout the County. Please complete the Testing Requisition Form ahead of your visit. Locations and times are subject to change so please check the website at visitmonmouth.com.
Please wear masks, wash your hands and maintain social distancing. Stay safe.
Mayor Jon Hornik