March 15, 2020
Coronavirus Update # 9
Good afternoon, I am checking in once again to relay to you the information available at this time. As has been expected, NJ is experiencing an increase in cases. The NJ Department of Health is releasing daily up to date and accurate case count that can be found at: HERE.
In these times, accessing real and verifiable sources of information is absolutely essential. There are people on-line spreading false information and unproven claims that should be disregarded. Please continue to rely on information published through the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and State Department of Health and the Monmouth County Department of Health. Only take the actions recommended in these official sources.
It is critical is that we remember how this disease is transmitted which is summarized best in a 2-page document from the CDC HERE.
The Monmouth County Health Department will be opening up a phone bank this week which will include resources including counseling services for those who need it. I will supply this information as soon as it is available.
The Township will also be communicating the availability of additional resources available to residents this week. We are mindful that there are those in most vulnerable populations who may feel alone and lack access to essentials as this situation continues.
To protect the health and safety of our employees while still providing services to residents, please note the following updated adjustments to Municipal services:
- Municipal facilities will be closed to the public but personnel will be reporting to work and remain available via phone and email. The Township website www.marlboro-nj.gov home page has access to Quick links and an ‘I need to…’ dropdown box to direct you to the most frequently asked questions. On-line forms, permits and licenses as well as department contact information can be found HERE. A Municipal email directory HERE and phone list HERE.
- Inspections will continue as scheduled. Residents with appointments for non-essential internal inspections should consider rescheduling. As a reminder, staff have been instructed to pose a series of questions before conducting an inspection.
- Public Works services will continue as scheduled.
The adjustments announced in prior messages continue:
- All Recreation programs and activities are cancelled or postponed.
- All non-essential Township Board and committee meetings are cancelled.
- Monmouth County has suspended all public access to county buildings and programs, including the libraries. Parks and golf courses are open. More HERE.
- The New Jersey Court system has advised that for the two-week period from Monday, March 16 to Friday, March 27, individuals scheduled to appear before the Municipal Court to contest a traffic or parking ticket, or minor local ordinance violation, should not appear and await notice of a new court date.
- Marlboro Water Utility, along with JCP&L and NJNG, have suspended utility shut-offs until further notice.
- Marlboro K-8 and FRHSD are closed. Please see the Superintendent’s messages on their respective webpages for details regarding dates and on-line learning programs.
As a reminder, the Marlboro Township Police are available 24/7. For emergencies, dial 911. Requests for non-emergency services during non-business hours should be directed to 732 536-0100.
Please note that these protocols are subject to change depending upon the facts on the ground. We fully expect additional guidance and possible restrictions being put in place by the State and County in order to ensure the health and safety of the public.
Finally, especially for those most at risk, take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others if you have to go out for food or medication; otherwise the best advice is to stay home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.
Mayor Jon Hornik