April 20, 2021
RE: Vaccine Appointment Assistance UPDATED ELIGIBILITY
Thank you to the many residents who already submitted their vaccination request form. Centrastate has begun making calls to schedule appointments for those that completed the on-line form by last Friday. As of April 19, eligibility was expanded to include all New Jersey residents age 16 and over. I am pleased to announce that in continued partnership with Centrastate Medical Center in Freehold we have expanded our eligibility requirements to include:
- Must be a Marlboro resident
- Age 16 and older. Please note that 16 and 17 years olds are only eligible for the Pfizer vaccine. Both Pfizer and Moderna are available.
The following is important to know before completing the questionnaire:
- An updated list will be sent each Thursday afternoon to Centrastate and scheduling calls will be made no later than early the next week.
- This is not a waiting list, but to get scheduled for a vaccine appointment. To allow schedulers to reach as many people as quickly as possible, we ask that if you complete this form that you do not also schedule elsewhere.
- The scheduler will call your number two times. Please keep your phone with you and answer calls from unknown numbers. If your phone is set to not allow unknown numbers to ring through, please remove that restriction for the time being.
- If you do not get a scheduling call within 3 business days, and have not been scheduled, please complete the form again as you may have missed the call.
If you are a Marlboro resident and are age 16 and older (parents/guardians must complete the form for those under age 18) and would like to be scheduled for the vaccine, please complete the questionnaire linked here: https://cities.formstack.com/forms/marlboro_covid_19_registration
Please bring your insurance card and identification to your appointment. If you are not insured, you are still eligible to receive the vaccine at no cost.
If you require transportation to your vaccine appointment, wait until your appointment is confirmed and call SCAT at Monmouth County Division of Transportation at 732-431-6480 and choose option 1 to schedule your ride.
I am pleased to report that we are making good progress. As of last week, prior to age 16 being eligible, approximately 57% percent of Marlboro’s adult population had at least one vaccine dose. We hope that by making the vaccine registration as easy as possible will encourage more residents to get vaccinated.
Yours in community,
Mayor Jon Hornik