January 28, 2021
Township Weekly Update
2021 Recycling Schedule – The Official Recycling calendar will soon be posted on line and mailed to your home. January and February 2021 are posted on the website and below:
January 2021 Recycling Calendar
February 2021 Recycling Calendar
Marlboro Swim Club Summer 2021 Registration Open – We are pleased to announce that registration is now open on Community Pass. Marlboro Residents can register by January 31 to receive the pre-pandemic 2019 membership fee. Beginning February 1, 2021 regular membership rates will be in effect. For details and the link to register on Community Pass, click HERE.
Marlboro Recreation Program Registration OPEN NOW -
- Youth Outdoor Spring Basketball League – Boys and girls grades 2-12. FLYER
- Spring Soccer – Boys and girls pre-K through grade 12 and SCOPE. FLYER
- Senior Programs – Staying home does not mean being alone. Joint other active adults for virtual discussions and exercise programs.
More and a link to register on Community Pass HERE.
Virtual Cooking with Chef David – Support K-8 students and cook a meal this Saturday, January 30 from 7-8:30 pm. Upon registration receive a shopping list, wine pairing recommendations and expert instruction. FLYER Register on line at www.marlboroeducationalfoundation.org
Property Taxes First quarter property taxes are due on February 1, 2021, with a grace period ending Wednesday, February 10, 2021. Please CLICK HERE for the Tax Collector’s notice. Note that, as per state statute, interest charges on payments made after the grace period are calculated back to the February 1 due date.
COVID-19 Testing in Marlboro The COVID-19 testing trucks will remain the Recreation Center Parking lot until further notice. The testing is done via saliva test, you do not have to be symptomatic and results are emailed in 72 hours. Please review the FLYER for dates/times, the QR code to pre-register and what is needed to expedite the process. Please note that there are NO out of pocket costs for the test, whether or not you have insurance. If you receive a bill for the test, please contact 888-466-1147 Monday through Friday from 9am - 5pm and Saturday and Sunday 9am - 3pm. Leave a voicemail and they will return your call. A number to call if you do not receive your results via email after 72 hours is on the flyer.
COVID-19 Vaccinations –
- Pre-Register for the Vaccine – If you have not done so already, pre-register with the State and review vaccine information, at https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/vaccine
- · NJ Department of Health – The NJ Department of Health January 22, 2021 edition of the Vax Matters Newsletter HERE. Their newsletters and updates can be found on their website HERE. Receive the updates in your inbox by registering for VAX Matters HERE.
- NJ Vaccine Call Center –NJ opened a call center to help residents with the vaccination process. The call center can be reached at 855-568-0545 and is available 8am to 8pm 7 days a week. For those residents unable to access a computer, the call center staff can pre-register and will be able to assist in scheduling appointments for those eligible. Please note that the wait times are long and residents should use the state vaccine website whenever possible.
- Monmouth County Vaccine Registration – County Residents who are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine should register for the Monmouth County Waitlist. Please note that this is a separate registration from the state and residents should register for both. Visit the Monmouth County website for more.
COVID-19 Data Dashboard- As of today:
- New Jersey- Daily New Cases: 4,095/Total Cases: 580,688
- Monmouth County – Daily New Cases: 315/Total Cases: 40,995
- Marlboro Township – New Cases Today: 6 / Total Cases: 2,301; an increase of 138 cases since 1/21/21.
Affordable Care Act Enrollment Period Extended - New Jersey will extend the window for eligible uninsured residents to enroll in a health insurance plan through the marketplace or directly from carriers through a COVID-19 Special Enrollment Period through May 15, 2021. The deadline aligns with the enrollment window opened by the federal government under the Biden Administration in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit https://nj.gov/getcoverednj/ for more.
Our Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is tracking the possibility of a winter weather event late this weekend and into early next week. We will, as always, keep you informed as the forecast becomes more confident. In the meantime, please visit https://www.ready.gov/ and take this time to ensure that you and your family are prepared.
Mayor Jon Hornik