June 10, 2021
The Marlboro Farmers Market opens this Sunday from 9am to 2pm. Located on Route 520 just west of Route 79 and across from the WaWa, the Marlboro Farmers Market is set on 56 acres of Township preserved land that was once the Stattel Farm. Parking is on site behind the market with handicapped parking available at street level. More about the Market can be found on the website HERE and on Facebook and Instagram as well as in my letter that will be emailed tomorrow.
I am also excited to announce that Mayor Hornik’s Charity Softball Tournament is back and will be held Saturday at the Union Hill ballfields. Tournament games are played all day, but the championships begin at about 3pm. All are welcome to come and cheer on the teams.
DPW CURBSIDE COLLECTION
Curbside Lawn Debris and Bulk Pickup Collection COMPLETE – As noted in the Township calendar, our summer road program begins and curbside collection of leaves, brush and bulk is complete. No debris may be curbside until lawn debris collection resumes in late September. Leaves and brush may be brought to the recycling center throughout the year free of charge or taken by a private contractor. Bulk items can be dropped off at the recycling center with a free permit available on-line HERE. Please review the Recycling Calendar for details.
Landscaper Registration - A reminder that all landscapers who do work for hire in Marlboro Township must register using our on-line portal on the Township website. This free registration must be complete no later than September 1, 2021. The registration portal can be accessed by visiting our website at www.marlboro-nj.gov and click the ‘Landscaper Registration’ under Quick Links and Actions or the ‘I need to Learn about…’ drop down box. The landscaper registers their business on the portal one time on the portal and then enters EACH address they service. We ask for your help ensuring that your landscaper is aware of this requirement.
Marlboro Day Vendors/Sponsors – A reminder that sponsorships and vendor applications are open now for Marlboro Day to be held on September 12. If your business would like to be a sponsor or a vendor and introduce your brand to thousands of residents in Marlboro and nearby communities, please click HERE for more. Vendor spaces fill quickly, so we encourage you to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Marlboro Swim Club – The Swim Club is open and memberships are available for residents and non-residents and for seniors, singles and families. Please click HERE for more or to schedule a tour, email
New Jersey ranks sixth among all states with vaccination rates with nearly 72% of those eligible having received at least their first shot and Marlboro residents continue to outpace those percents. Every eligible person who wants a vaccine can get one at no cost, even if you do not have health insurance. We are here to help. Please see below for more.
VACCINE APPOINTMENTS - We continue to facilitate vaccine appointment for residents age 12 and over. Transportation to and from vaccine appointments for seniors or disabled as well as appointment for homebound residents are available.
- Marlboro Medical Arts Pharmacy – Located at 479 Route 520 in Marlboro, vaccines Moderna, Pfizer and J&J are available and so they are able to vaccinate ages 12 and up. Please click this link to complete the form and directly schedule an appointment.
- Transportation for Seniors and Disabled- If you require transportation to your vaccine appointment anywhere in Monmouth County, wait until your appointment is confirmed and call SCAT at Monmouth County Division of Transportation at 732-431-6480 and choose option 1 to schedule your ride.
- Homebound Residents – If you or a member of your household is homebound and needs a vaccination at your residence, we can help facilitate an appointment. Please call my office at 732-536-0200 ext. 1200 or email If you have neighbors that may require this service, we ask that you give them a copy of this email.
- Adult Communities/Assisted Living/Nursing facilities – If you need assistance to schedule vaccines for residents, employees, aides, etc. we can help. Please send an email to
- Monmouth County Vaccine Clinic – County residents age 12 and over can schedule an appointment by clicking here: https://mcapps.co.monmouth.nj.us/web/healthdept/vaccine299.aspx
- Monmouth County Walk in Vaccinations - Anyone who is at least 18 and lives, works or attends school in Monmouth County can go to Brookdale Community College for a vaccination without an appointment Tuesdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon.
- Vaccine Appointments throughout the state including walk-in appointments can be found at https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/finder
COVID Testing - Immediate Care has walk in and appointment COVID testing available. Please visit them at their Marlboro location (470 Route 520) open 7 days a week for COVID testing, for travel or any other purpose. Walk in or pre-booked rapid and PCR testing are available. Immediate Care Walk-In Clinic
I hope to see you at the Marlboro Farmers Market this Sunday. Have a great weekend.
Yours in community,
Mayor Jon Hornik