June 18, 2021
The Marlboro Farmers Market enjoyed a very successful opening day last Sunday. It was great to see so many friends and neighbors stocking up on fruit, vegetables, cheese, breads, gelato, pickles, fish, meats, beer, and more. The market will be open this Sunday, Father’s Day, from 9am – 2pm. Everything for your Father’s Day BBQ can be found at the market so please stop by and support local businesses that are so important to our economy. The Market is located on Route 520 just west of Route 79. Parking is on site behind the market with handicapped parking available at street level. More about the Market can be found on the website HERE and on Facebook and Instagram.
DPW CURBSIDE COLLECTION
Recycling Reminder –Our recycling is delivered to the County recycling center and so we must adhere to their regulations. To prevent your recycling from being left at the curb, please note the following:
- Cardboard must be flattened and bundled. No pizza boxes, please.
- Glass/cans must be placed in a rigid, reusable plastic container or garbage can, not larger than 32 gallons.
- No plastic bags of any kind are permitted in curbside recycling.
- If you believe your recycling was mistakenly not picked up, leave it curbside and email with your phone and address.
- Recycling zones, regulations etc. can be found in the recycling calendar mailed to your home and on the Township website.
Summer Road Program – Brush/leaf collection is complete until late September. MORE
Landscaper Registration - A reminder that all landscapers who do work for hire in Marlboro Township must register with the Township. MORE
Small Business Emergency Grant Program – Pre-registration must be completed by June 30, 2021 to be eligible for the NJ Economic Development Authority phase 4 grant program. Grants of up to $20,000 are available for small businesses and non-profits impacted by the pandemic. Please click HERE for more.
Utility Shutoff Moratorium Ending – The moratorium on utility shutoffs in place due to the pandemic will end on July 31, 2021, with a six-month grace period through December 31, 2021 in order for customers to enroll in a payment plan and to apply for financial assistance. Please click HERE for more information on the moratorium, payment plans and financial assistance.
Graduation Week/Traffic Alert – Graduation ceremonies will be held at Marlboro High School for both the Marlboro Middle Schools and the Marlboro High School. Please make note of the graduation times, allowing for traffic before and after after the ceremonies start time. Please avoid the area allowing the graduates and their families access as they enjoy this special day. Congratulations to all!
- Monday, June 21 - 2:30 pm (Middle)
- Monday June 21 - 5:30 pm (Memorial)
- · Thursday, June 24 - 4:30 pm (Marlboro High School)
NJ DOT State Public Information Center for Union Hill Bridge over Route 9 – The virtual public information center is open now through June 21. Click HERE for more.
Marlboro Day Vendors/Sponsors – A reminder that sponsorships and vendor applications are open now for Marlboro Day to be held on September 12. If your business would like to be a sponsor or a vendor and introduce your brand to thousands of residents in Marlboro and nearby communities, please click HERE for more. Vendor spaces fill quickly, so we encourage you to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Marlboro Swim Club – The Swim Club is open and memberships are available for residents and non-residents and for seniors, singles and families. Please click HERE for more or to schedule a tour, email
Vaccination Update – As of June 16, New Jersey ranks fifth among all states with vaccination rates with 77% of those age 18 and over having received at least their first dose. As of June 11, 77% of Marlboro resident age 18 and over had their first dose (up from 73% May 14) and 94% 65 and over (up from 92% May 14.
Every eligible person who wants a vaccine can get one at no cost, even if you do not have health insurance. We are here to help. Please see below for more.
VACCINE APPOINTMENTS - We continue to facilitate vaccine appointment for residents age 12 and over. Transportation to and from vaccine appointments for seniors or disabled as well as appointment for homebound residents are available.
- Marlboro Medical Arts Pharmacy – Located at 479 Route 520 in Marlboro, vaccines Moderna, Pfizer and J&J are available and so they are able to vaccinate ages 12 and up. Click: https://k8j5m.app.goo.gl/WY64 to complete the form and directly schedule an appointment. You may also call the pharmacy at 732-946-1600.
- Transportation for Seniors and Disabled- If you require transportation to your vaccine appointment anywhere in Monmouth County, wait until your appointment is confirmed and call SCAT at Monmouth County Division of Transportation at 732-431-6480 and choose option 1 to schedule your ride.
- Homebound or Special Needs Residents – If you or a member of your household is homebound and needs a vaccination at your residence, we can help facilitate an appointment. Please call my office at 732-536-0200 ext. 1200 or email If you have neighbors that may require this service, we ask that you give them a copy of this email.
- Adult Communities/Assisted Living/Nursing facilities – If you need assistance to schedule vaccines for residents, employees, aides, etc. we can help. Please send an email to
- Monmouth County Vaccine Clinic – County residents age 12 and over can schedule an appointment by clicking here: https://mcapps.co.monmouth.nj.us/web/healthdept/vaccine299.aspx
- Monmouth County Walk in Vaccinations - Anyone who is at least 18 and lives, works or attends school in Monmouth County can go to Brookdale Community College for a vaccination without an appointment Tuesdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon.
- Vaccine Appointments throughout the state including walk-in appointments can be found at https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/finder
COVID Testing - Immediate Care has walk in and appointment COVID testing available. Please visit them at their Marlboro location (470 Route 520) open 7 days a week for COVID testing, for travel or any other purpose. Walk in or pre-booked rapid and PCR testing are available. Immediate Care Walk-In Clinic
Happy Father’s Day to all our Marlboro dads. Best of luck and congratulations to our graduates. I hope to see you at the Marlboro Farmers Market this Sunday. Have a great weekend.
Yours in community,
Mayor Jon Hornik