May 27, 2021
Weekend Update – Memorial Day Edition
We are heading into Memorial Day Weekend and the unofficial start of summer. Concerts, movie nights, Marlboro Farmers Market, summer camp, and more are returning to Marlboro. The award-winning Marlboro Swim Club opens and memberships are available. Please review the SUMMER EVENTS FLYER for more.
As we enjoy a long weekend, we should not forget the reason for the Memorial Day holiday. On behalf of the Veterans and Volunteers committee, please join us for a Memorial Day ceremony honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. The ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 30 at 11am at the Veterans Memorial in front of Town Hall. All ages are welcome.
In observance of Memorial Day, Town Hall and the Recycling Center will be closed on Monday, May 31. The police are open 24/7 and can be reached at 732-536-0100. Emergencies dial 911.
DPW CURBSIDE COLLECTION
Curbside Lawn Debris and Bulk Pickup Collection COMPLETE – As noted in the Township calendar, our summer road program begins and curbside collection of leaves, brush and bulk is complete. No debris may be curbside until lawn debris collection resumes in late September. Leaves and brush may be brought to the recycling center throughout the year free of charge or taken by a private contractor. Bulk items can be dropped off at the recycling center with a free permit available on-line HERE. Please review the Recycling Calendar for details.
Landscaper Registration - A reminder that all landscapers who do work for hire in Marlboro Township must register using our on-line portal on the Township website. This free registration must be complete no later than September 1, 2021. The registration portal can be accessed by visiting our website at www.marlboro-nj.gov and click the ‘Landscaper Registration’ under Quick Links and Actions or the ‘I need to Learn about…’ drop down box. The landscaper registers their business on the portal one time on the portal and then enters EACH address they service. We ask for your help ensuring that your landscaper is aware of this requirement.
Memorial Day Ceremony Sunday, May 30 at 11am– On behalf of the Veterans and Volunteers committee, you are invited to attend our Memorial Day ceremony honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. The ceremony will be at the Veterans Memorial in front of Town Hall.
Marlboro Day Vendors/Sponsors – We are pleased to announce that Marlboro Day will be held on September 12. If your business would like to be a sponsor or a vendor and introduce your brand to thousands of residents in Marlboro and nearby communities, please click HERE for more. Vendor spaces fill quickly, so we encourage you to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
COVID TESTING TRUCK CLOSING – In December 2020, at the height of the pandemic and when COVID tests were not readily available, I announced that a drive up COVID testing truck for residents would be in the Recreation Center parking lot until further notice. Since that time, thousands of residents, First Responders, employees, teachers and school staff have had access to convenient and free testing. With daily COVID cases plummeting and the percent of residents vaccinated increasing, the final day of drive-up testing will be on Sunday, May 30 from 9am to 3pm. My thanks to Deputy Chief Reck who spearheaded this initiative and to the team who seamlessly made this operation work week after week. Our deepest gratitude for the partnership with Immediate Care, a Marlboro business and a true community partner. Please visit them at their Marlboro location (470 Route 520) open 7 days a week for COVID testing, for travel or any other purpose. Walk in or pre-booked rapid and PCR testing are available. Immediate Care Walk-In Clinic
VACCINE APPOINTMENTS - We continue to facilitate vaccine appointment for residents age 12 and over. Transportation to and from vaccine appointments for seniors or disabled as well as appointment for homebound residents are available.
- Marlboro Medical Arts Pharmacy – Located at 479 Route 520 in Marlboro, vaccines Moderna, Pfizer and J&J are available and so they are able to vaccinate ages 12 and up. Please click this link to complete the form and they will contact you directly to schedule an appointment. https://scheduling.bestrxconnect.com/Covid19
- Transportation for Seniors and Disabled- If you require transportation to your vaccine appointment anywhere in Monmouth County, wait until your appointment is confirmed and call SCAT at Monmouth County Division of Transportation at 732-431-6480 and choose option 1 to schedule your ride.
- Homebound Residents– If you or a member of your household is homebound and needs a vaccination at your residence, we can help facilitate an appointment. Please call my office at 732-536-0200 ext. 1200 or email If you have neighbors that may require this service, we ask that you give them a copy of this email.
- Monmouth County Vaccine Clinic – Schedule an appointment for Moderna vaccine by clicking here:
- for 12-18 year olds on Wednesday, May 19 from 10am to 4:30pm at Brookdale Community College.
- Monmouth County Vaccine Walk-in clinics for those 18 and older that live, work or study in Monmouth County Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 8am to 4:30 pm and Saturdays from 8am – noon. For more visit www.monmouth.com
- Monmouth County COVID vaccine appointments - https://mcapps.co.monmouth.nj.us/web/healthdept/vaccine299.aspx
- Vaccine Appointments throughout the state including walk-in appointments can be found at https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/finder
Enjoy the weekend.
Mayor Jon Hornik