February 17, 2022
Re: Wind Advisory
We are enjoying spring like weather today, but high winds, chance of showers and thunderstorms are expected late tonight and into tomorrow with temperatures falling into the 30s late Friday afternoon. The National Weather Service has posted a Wind Advisory for our area from 11pm this evening until 10am Friday morning with winds 20 to 30 mph and gusts up to 50 mph are expected. Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects, down tree limb and cause scattered power outages. We ask that you take a moment to prepare.
We have been in contact with JCP&L and they are prepared to activate their storm response system, if required. In the event outages occur due to severe weather, report your outage by calling 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877), clicking the “Report Outage” link on www.firstenergycorp.com, or by texting out to 544487.
- Secure any outdoor decorations, bring in garbage/recycling containers and lay down or bring in basketball hoops.
- Keep all personal electronics and backup batteries charged.
- Gather flashlights and batteries.
- Review the steps to plan and prepare for an outage at http://ready.nj.gov/plan-prepare/power-outages.shtml
- Visit Optimum Website to track service interruptions and report outages.
Assume all downed wires are alive and dangerous. Report to the Marlboro Division of Police at 732-536-0100 to report. In case of emergencies, dial 911. Should power outages occur, please do not call the police outage updates. They do not have additional information and it is vital that their lines stay open for emergencies.
We will update you if it becomes necessary. Have a great afternoon.
Mayor Jon Hornik