January 29, 2021
WINTER STORM #1
The Marlboro Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is monitoring a potential winter storm Sunday into Tuesday. Some snow is possible on Sunday, but the bulk of the snow falls Sunday night through Monday. Notice of recycling and curbside collection schedule adjustments will be made via email, social media and the Town website. As some lines of communication are disrupted during a weather emergency please ensure you are registered for multiple communication methods. More on that below.
Please take the time now to plan and prepare:
- Visit www.Marlboro-nj.gov and click ‘Communications for Residents’ (top right button) to register for multiple lines of communication.
- Marlboro Township e-bulletin (if you are receiving this notice as an email, you are registered for the bulletins). If you did not, click HERE to register.
- SWIFT 911 – Register your home and cell phones. Most home phones are inoperable if a power outage occurs. The Marlboro Police and OEM deliver urgent updates via SWIFT 911.
- Like us on Facebook @marlborotownship
- Follow us on Twitter @MarlboroTwp
- Please review our ‘Surviving the Snow’ brochure. It includes important local information, phone numbers and websites.
- Please review your preparedness kit and check for expired items. Do not forget those with special needs, the elderly, and pets. Ready.gov is a great resource for before, during and after a storm.
- Optimum website how to stay connected when the power is out, how to report an outage, FAQ and more.
- As per Town Ordinance, we remind you that vehicles and obstructions such as basketball hoops may not be in the roadway when the road is snow covered.
The forecast and snow totals are uncertain. We will continue to monitor the weather and update you as more becomes available. Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe.
Mayor Jon Hornik