This is a reminder that 4th quarter property taxes must be received by Wednesday, November 10, 2021, to avoid interest which is calculated from November 1, 2021. The Tax Collector’s Office will have extended hours as follows:
Wednesday, November 10, 2021 from 8:30 am to 8:00 pm
Property tax information can be viewed online at https://marlboro-nj.gov/departments/tax-collector or, by using the following direct link: https://webportal.municipal-software.com/lookup/marlboro
The Township is taking numerous steps to ensure the safety of the public and staff and prevent the spread of COVID-19. As such, please,
- Where possible, use the secure drop-box (available 24/7 in the front vestibule), utilize on-line forms, US mail, Email, or phone.
- If you must enter Township Buildings, it is strongly suggested that you call ahead to make an appointment to reduce your wait time and ensure that the appropriate staff is available.
- Masks or face coverings are REQUIRED when in Township Buildings.
- Visitors must not be experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have not travelled internationally or to any locations identified on the State advisory list for the past 14 days.
- You may be asked to wait outside or in your vehicle while awaiting service.
Payments can be made the following ways (if you would like a receipt for the payment, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your payment):
- Mail a check with your payment stub to the Township of Marlboro Tax Collector – 1979 Township Drive, Marlboro, NJ 07746
- Using your personal online banking. Please allow 7-10 business days for bank processing (an actual check is mailed to our office by your bank). No fees are assessed by the Township.
- Online through a third party payment processing company by electronic check or credit card at https://marlboro-nj.gov/departments/tax-collector. Click on the link on the right hand side of the page “Pay Property Taxes Online”. Once you click on the link, enter your tax account number (information is on your tax bill) OR the street address as reflected on your property record. The payment amount will be provided for you. No fees are assessed by the Township; however, please note that these online payments do involve fees and charges levied by a third party payment processor.
- A 24 hour drop box is located inside the vestibule of the administration entrance of Town Hall. During the tax quarter, all payments will be credited on the day they are received or, if left in the drop box after hours or on a day that the Municipal offices are closed, they will be posted on the next business day. Cash payments are not accepted.
There are often times when the Tax Collector must return checks that are written incorrectly. These errors cause delays and necessitate interest being charged on late payments. Please double check the following when writing your check:
- Check is made payable to Marlboro Township
- Check is signed
- The numeric amount matches the written amount
- Check has a current date; postdated checks cannot be accepted
- Include tax stubs for all properties that you are paying (If you do not have the stub, please include your block and lot number, tax account number or the property location)
- Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for any information you require returned
- Please do not staple your tax stub to your check
For questions, please calls the Tax Collector’s Office at 732-536-0200 ext. 1804, or visit our webpage at https://www.marlboro-nj.gov/departments/tax-collector
PTR Verification Forms – Please view the notice regarding the completion of these forms by the Tax Collector at https://www.marlboro-nj.gov/property-tax-reimbursement
If you have a form to be completed, you may mail the form to our office or leave it in the drop 24-hour drop box. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Once it is completed, it will be returned to you via mail.
Homestead Benefit Rebates –The State of New Jersey has issued property tax credits for 2017. If a Homestead Benefit credit was applied to your property taxes, an adjusted tax bill was mailed to you on March 24, 2021. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your homestead credit, please contact the State of New Jersey directly at 1-888-238-1233 or, visit the website at: https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/homestead/geninf.shtml