DPW Spring Collection Message #6
April 30, 2021
The second spring BRUSH ONLY COLLECTION begins by zone. It will take DPW approximately one week to complete the scheduled zones, but once they pass your street, they will not return and brush must be removed by a private contractor or brought to the recycling center.
The zone by zone BRUSH ONLY pickup weeks are:
Zones 3 & 5 Week of May 3
Zones 2 & 4 Week of May 10
Zones 1 & 8 Week of May 17
Zones 6 & 7 Week of May 24
*Do not place curbside more than one week before collection week, but not later than 7am of first day.
NO LEAVES MAY BE CURBSIDE at this time. The final leaf collection until fall has been completed. Leaves still curbside must be removed by a private contractor or brought to the recycling center. See the Recycling Calendar (linked below) for details.
SUMMER ROAD PROGRAM - Following this scheduled brush collection, no lawn debris may be curbside until the end of September as we begin our summer road program including patching, paving, street sweeping, etc.
BULK PICKUP-SPRING CLEANUP is underway by zone. Please review the letter from DPW HERE for details.
Brush and leaves may NOT be commingled. For the safety of all residents, please note the following regulations:
- Brush is to be placed curbside (not in the roadway, but on your property near the road) by 7:00 am on the first day of the scheduled pickup week free of leaves or other debris.
- Please do not place lawn debris near sewer drains. If you have a sewer inlet on or near your property, please take a moment to ensure the drain is clear and free from debris. With just a few minutes a month you can help reduce flooding and keep our waterways healthy! #adopt-a-drain
- Weather permitting; it generally takes approximately one week to complete each pair of zones. Once a street has been completed, the DPW will not return to that street. If you miss your zone’s scheduled pickup see below for recycling center guidelines or you may arrange for a private contractor.
- For the safety of pedestrians and motorists Brush should not be placed at the curb earlier than one week prior to the first scheduled collection date.
- All brush is to be cut to a maximum length of six (6) feet and a maximum diameter of four (4) inches and should not exceed fifty (50) pounds in weight. Branches less than one inch in diameter shall be tied in neat bundles no more than four (4) feet in length and two (2) feet across.
Brush commingled with leaves, grass, rocks, stumps, construction debris, fence posts, etc., trash or recyclables will not be collected. Landscapers or residents placing debris for collection in an unauthorized manner shall be required to remove the waste from the public right of way.
RECYCLING CALENDAR – The 2021 calendar has been mailed to all homes and is posted on the website and linked HERE.
RECYCLING CENTER - Brush and leaves are accepted at the Township Recycling Center throughout the year, free of charge. The hours of the Recycling Center are Monday and Wednesday 8:00-1:30 and Saturday 8:00-4:00 (holidays may affect these hours).
Other items that may be dropped off at the Recycling Center are:
- Electronics (TVs, computers, etc.) - No charge. No permit required.
- Bulk Items - Free bulk permit required and available on-line on our SDL portal. HERE.
Recycling Guidelines are available on page 10 of the recycling calendar mailed to your home or HERE. You may also obtain recycling information by calling 732 536-0188 or by sending an email to .
Thank you for your cooperation as we work to keep Marlboro streets safe and clean.
Robert Miller, Superintendent of Public Works