Pursuant to Executive Order 130 issued by Governor Murphy, please be advised that the Township Council has authorized an extension of the grace period for property taxes. Second quarter property tax payments must be received by Monday, June 1, 2020. Please note that pursuant to statutory law, interest for any payments not received by June 1st is calculated back to the due date of May 1, 2020.
Due to the current State of Emergency, all Municipal Offices will continue to be CLOSED to the public until further notice to protect residents and employees. The Tax Collector’s office is staffed during regular business hours and can be reached by phone [(732) 536-0200 Ext. 1804] or email .
Property tax information can be viewed online at https://webportal.municipal-software.com/lookup/marlboro
Payments can be made the following ways. If you would like a receipt for the payment, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your payment. Alternatively, taxpayers wishing to confirm receipt of their payment can visit the Township website at https://webportal.municipal-software.com/lookup/Marlboro. Payment information is typically updated within 24 hours of a payment being posted, or on the next regular business day.
- Mail a check with your payment stub to the Township of Marlboro Tax Collector – 1979 Township Drive, Marlboro, NJ 07746
- Using your personal online banking. Please allow 7-10 business days for bank processing (an actual check is mailed to our office by your bank). No fees are assessed by the Township.
- Online through a third party payment processing company by electronic check or credit card at https://trx.npspos.com/payapp/public/ECSale.html?siteId=18950&deptId=18950&urlKey=b05e1558b595baba3639de7ad116ceb1d9999a11. Enter your tax account number (information is on your tax bill). The payment amount will be provided for you. No fees are assessed by the Township; however, please note that these online payments do involve fees and charges levied by a third party payment processor.
- A 24 hour drop box is located inside the vestibule of the administration entrance of Town Hall. All payments are credited on the next business day. Cash payments are not accepted.
There are often times when the Tax Collector must return checks that are written incorrectly. These errors cause delays and necessitate interest being charged on late payments. Please double check the following when writing your check:
- Check is made payable to Marlboro Township
- Check is signed
- The numeric amount matches the written amount
- Check has a current date; postdated checks cannot be accepted
- Include tax stubs for all properties that you are paying (If you do not have the stub, please include your block and lot number, tax account number or the property location)
- Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for any information you require returned
- Please do not staple your tax stub to your check
For questions, please call the Tax Collector’s Office at 732-536-0200 ext. 1804 or visit our webpage at https://www.marlboro-nj.gov/departments/tax-collector
PTR Verification Forms – Please view the notice regarding the completion of these forms by the Tax Collector at https://marlboro-nj.gov/property-tax-reimbursement
If you have a form to be completed, you may mail the form to our office or leave it in the drop 24-hour drop box. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Once it is completed, it will be returned to you via mail.