April 15, 2021
We are very pleased to have expanded our partnerships to assist our residents in securing vaccination appointments. We have been working with State Legislators and the County to provide vaccines for those age 65 and over and/or disabled. Recently we added Freehold Centrastate to assist in the process of securing vaccination appointments for additional groups of Marlboro residents. Please see below for additional information, eligibility and links to the on-line registration forms.
ZONING SPRING LETTER – The Zoning Department discusses property upkeep, vacant homes, unmaintained pools, etc. and what is or is not a matter of Code Enforcement. For more, please review the letter from the Zoning Department HERE.
DPW CURBSIDE COLLECTION
BAGGED LEAF COLLECTION – Curbside brush collection is complete and bagged only leaf pickup underway. Please review the DPW SPRING LAWN DEBRIS MESSAGE #5 for dates and regulations.
SPRING CLEANUP/BULK PICKUP - The much anticipated spring cleanup/bulk pickup annual collection will begin by zone April 19. Please review the regulations and excluded items (i.e. no TVs) in the recycling calendar, in the BULK PICKUP LETTER. In order to keep children and pedestrians safe, we ask that you not place bulk items curbside earlier than the weekend prior to your first pickup date.
LANDSCAPER REGISTRATION – A reminder that all landscapers who do work for hire in Marlboro Township must register using our on-line portal on the Township website. This free registration must be complete no later than September 1, 2021. The registration portal can be accessed by visiting our website at www.marlboro-nj.gov and click the ‘Landscaper Registration’ under Quick Links and Actions or the ‘I need to Learn about…’ drop down box. The landscaper registers their business on the portal one time on the portal and then enters EACH address they service. We ask for your help ensuring that your landscaper is aware of this requirement.
NOTICE OF CHANGE IN POLLING LOCATION (Districts 18 and 24) – Registered voters who reside in districts 18 and 24 have been mailed a postcard from the Municipal Clerk confirming a change in their polling location. District 24 will vote at Asher Holmes Elementary School and District 18 at Robertsville Elementary. Both districts previously voted at Robertsville Bible School. The new polling location will be printed on the sample ballot sent in advance of the June primary election. (NOTE: This change has not yet been updated on the County or State Election websites).
HYDRANT FLUSHING – Marlboro Township Water Utility annual hydrant flushing continues through Friday May 14 between 7:00pm and 1:00am. MORE…
MARLBORO RABIES CLINIC – May 22 from 10am-noon.Dog and cat licenses are required by law and must be renewed every calendar year. Register your dog/cat with the Marlboro Police Department via mail or on-line click https://marlboro-nj.gov/images/forms/dog-cat-license-combined.pdf
BUSINESS UPDATE - Grants and programs for NJ businesses are announced through www.business.nj.gov Sign up for their email to stay up-to-date with the latest state programs and news. Register by clicking here: https://business.nj.gov/recent
- State Emergency Assistance Grant Program – Grants up to $20,000 are available for small and medium sized businesses. In order to be considered for these grants you must pre-register between April 19 and April 29 at 5pm.MORE…
- PPE Access Program Deadline Extended to May 28 – Businesses and organizations with less than 100 employees can apply for an additional 65% discount on PPE products. Note, if your business was already approved in November /December 2020, you do not need to apply again. MORE…
- Temporary Permits for Outdoor Dining and Fitness – As the weather warms, we remind fitness centers and restaurants to apply for temporary permits for fitness facilities to have outdoor classes at their business location and restaurants to expand existing or create new outdoor dining. You must apply for a permit whether a renewal from last year or new. Please note that there is no fee. Businesses must have an active Marlboro mercantile license. To request an application, please email
MARLBORO ASSISTANCE WITH COVID-19 VACCINATIONS - We are pleased to partner with state legislators, Monmouth County and Centrastate to help our residents find a vaccine appointment.
- Residents 65 and over and/or disabled – For our most vulnerable residents, if you have not yet scheduled a vaccine appointment, please review my letter HERE for more information and a link to complete the on-line form. Registration instructions for those without computer access is detailed in the letter.
- Residents that meet state criteria (age 55 and over, essential workers, individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities 16 years or older) – Please read my letter HERE that includes a link to the on-line form.
COVID-19 TESTING IN MARLBORO - The COVID-19 testing truck is located in the Recreation Center Parking lot. The schedule through the end of April is Sundays 9-3 and Wednesdays 1-7. The testing is done via saliva test, you do not have to be symptomatic and results are emailed within 72 hours. Please review the flyer for dates/times, the QR code to pre-register and what is needed to expedite the process. There are no out-of-pocket costs for the test. The flyer is posted on our website and HERE.
COVID-19 VACCINE - Vaccine eligibility currently includes all NJ residents age 55 and over, those ages 16 and over in certain industries and age 16 and over with certain medical conditions. Effective Monday, April 19 all individuals age 16 and older will be eligible for vaccination. To determine of you are eligible for the vaccine in NJ, click HERE.
- To ease finding a vaccine appointment, the state has a website https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/finder. The site refreshes multiple times an hour as appointment become available. Keep checking.
- For more about vaccines, please visit https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/vaccine
Have a great weekend,
Mayor Jon Hornik