December 23, 2021
Weekend Update – Christmas Edition
As schools recess for winter break and we plan vacations, please review letters from Chief Pezzullo and me on ways to help keep your family, home and belongings safe this holiday season. We are a very safe community, but no place is immune. Going on vacation? Upon request, the police will do drive-by security checks. Virtually all cars stolen are unlocked. Hide your valuables, lock your car and take your key fob. Please review the Citizen Reporting Security Initiative ‘See Something. Say Something. We will Do Something.’ Working together is the most effective way to keep our neighborhoods safe. To review simple precautions and to access the forms to request a security check, please click HERE.
Christmas/New Year’s Municipal Holiday Schedule –
- Municipal Offices CLOSED Friday, December 24 and Friday, December 31 (Christmas and New Year’s Day Observed)
- Recycling Center CLOSED Saturday, December 25 and Saturday, January 1
- COVID Testing Truck CLOSED Saturday, December 25 and Saturday, January 1
- Police Open 24/7. Call 732-536-0100. Emergencies dial 911.
Leaf Collection – Please see the update from DPW HERE. A reminder that free leaf bags may be claimed Monday to Friday from 7am to 2:30pm on business days. Simply complete the on line SDL form and bring your emailed permit with you to the Department of Public Works.
At Home Test – NJ Department of Health in cooperation with Vault is pleased to offer a free at home testing kit. This is a PCR saliva testing. To learn more and order your kit visit Vault Testing HERE.
NOTE: The US Government will also begin to offer free at home tests this January. We will update you as details become available.
Test Site Finder – The State COVID hub has a list of testing locations throughout the state HERE.
Free Public Testing - Free public testing is available at locations including Federally Qualified Health Centers throughout the state. Click HERE for more.
COVID Testing Truck - The Marlboro COVID Testing truck is open Tuesdays and Saturdays in the Marlboro Swim Club parking lot off of Gordons Corner Road. No appointments are needed however pre-registration is strongly encouraged by QR Code or link. Please note that the testing truck will be CLOSED Christmas and New Year’s Day.
COVID Booster/Vaccinations –
Scheduling a vaccine appointment (first or second dose) or a booster/third dose:
- Review booster shot/third dose guidelines
- Marlboro Medical Arts Pharmacy (479 Route 520) has all three vaccines available. Book appointment at https://scheduling.bestrxconnect.com/Covid19
- Monmouth County Health Department holds vaccine clinics throughout the County and walk in clinics every Tuesday at Brookdale Community College. Visit their website HERE.
- Other vaccine locations throughout the state can be found HERE.
Monmouth County Health Department App – Download this free app available for both Apple and Android devices to receive timely information for clinics, health and emergency preparedness.
COVID-19 Ratepayer Relief Measures UPDATE – Certain measures are in place providing relief to ratepayers experiencing economic hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic and prohibits local government from shutting off water service to a residential customer. Today, Governor Murphy signed legislation extending the utility shutoff grace period for water, municipal electric and sewer customers to March 31, 2022 (HERE). Additionally, the Winter Termination Program will be expanded by the Department of Consumer Affairs. If you have not yet contacted your utilities to set up a payment plan you are urged to do so as soon as possible.
- Updated letter from the Marlboro Water Utility Please review the letter in its entirety HERE.
- For more on utilities and the shutoff moratorium, see the memo from the Board of Public Utilities HERE.
- For NJ utility assistance programs click HERE
- Monmouth County ACTS assistance HERE
Winter Programs – A reminder that registration is underway for recreation programs for ages 6 months to our active adult community. Programs for all interests. Spring Youth Soccer registration begins now for ages 3 through grade 12 and special needs programs. View class options HERE.
- Registration for Active Adult Senior programming opened December 21 at 9am. These classes fill quickly, so please review the guidelines HERE in advance.
- Looking for a perfect holiday gift? Marlboro Swim Club Early Bird Registration Rates end January 31, 2022. MORE
I hope everyone has the chance to enjoy time off this holiday season to spend time with friends and family and a very merry Christmas to all that celebrate.
Mayor Jon Hornik