December 9, 2021
Thank you to the hundreds of residents that came out to enjoy our Winter Holiday Lighting. Santa and friends rode into town on a firetruck much to the delight of children and parents. Music was provided by the Marlboro High School band and chorus led by Conductor Dalton and local Clergy shared the story of the holidays lending meaning to our celebration. We lit the Christmas Tree and Menorah and families took pictures with Santa, Dreidel and enjoyed the ‘Selfie with the Elfie’ booth. This Winter Lighting celebrates our diversity as a community and I thank all the employees who made this the magical event it was.
A reminder that our annual Toy Drive is ongoing until December 16. We again partner with Charity Kings to provide toys for those in need. New, unwrapped toys may be brought to Town Hall lobby Monday to Friday during normal business hours. Thank you to the many residents who have already dropped off gifts.
Saturday December 11 from 9am - noon FREE Leaf Bags Pickup – Pre-Registration required. We are pleased to announce a second special leaf bag pickup this Saturday. Please see the email sent earlier this week and posted online HERE for details.
- Additional leaf bags are available for those who have need for more than the 25 bags originally provided. Just place another request through the SDL portal to pick them up at Saturday’s special distribution or at DPW during normal business hours.
Leaf bags may be claimed Monday to Friday from 7am to 2:30pm. Simply complete the on line SDL form and bring your emailed permit with you to the Department of Public Works.
Booster/Vaccine Clinic December 16 10am - 1pm. Marlboro, in cooperation with the Monmouth County Health Department, will again be holding a vaccine/booster clinic. All ages 5 and over are eligible for a COVID vaccine. Adults 18 and older are eligible for a booster shot. All three vaccines will be available. Minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Please review the FLYER for more.
Other ways to schedule a vaccine appointment (first or second dose) or a booster/third dose:
- Review booster shot/third dose guidelines
- Marlboro Medical Arts Pharmacy (479 Route 520) has all three vaccines available. Book appointment at marlbororxnj.com
- Monmouth County Health Department has vaccine clinics throughout the County and walk in clinics every Tuesday at Brookdale Community College. See their FLYER HERE.
COVID Testing Truck - The Marlboro COVID Testing truck is open Tuesdays and Saturdays in the Marlboro Swim Club parking lot off of Gordons Corner Road. No appointments are needed however pre-registration is strongly encouraged by QR Code or link. Schedule changes will be posted on the town website at Marlboro-nj.gov.
COVID-19 Ratepayer Relief Measures – Certain measures are in place providing relief to ratepayers experiencing economic hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic and prohibits local government from shutting off water service to a residential customer. This moratorium remains in effect until January 1, 2022. Please review the letter in its entirety HERE.
- For more on utilities and the shutoff moratorium, see the memo from the Board of Public Utilities HERE
- For NJ utility assistance programs click HERE
Recreation Winter Programs – Registration begins for recreation programs for ages 6 months to our active adult community. Programs for all interests. Spring Youth Soccer registration begins now for ages 3 through grade 12 and special needs programs. View class options HERE.
- Registration for Active Adult Senior programming opens December 21 at 9am. These classes fill quickly, so please review the guidelines HERE in advance.
- Looking for a perfect holiday gift? Marlboro Swim Club Early Bird Registration Rates end January 31, 2022. MORE
Have a great weekend,
Mayor Jon Hornik