January 14, 2022
Monday, January 17 is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and all municipal offices and the recycling center are closed in observance. In addition to being a federal holiday, MLK Day is designated as a national day of service. We are very grateful for the hundreds of residents who give back to our community. Committee members, First Aid and Fire, coaches, teens and seniors…we could not accomplish all we do without them. If you would like to learn more about how you can be a township volunteer, please click HERE.
Recreational Seasonal Job Opportunities – The Recreation & Swim Utility has openings for facility supervisors (age 18 and up) and 2022 summer employment (application due January 31) Please click HERE for more.
Winter Recreation Programs – Registration is underway. Please review the program letter from Recreation HERE. Registration for all programs is on Community Pass HERE.
Christmas Tree and Bagged Leaf Collection – DPW continues collection by zone this week. Please see the email sent last week for dates and details click HERE.
COVID Testing Truck is open Tuesdays and Saturdays at the Marlboro Swim Club parking lot. Changes to the scheduled dates will be posted on the Township website. No appointments are needed however pre-registration is strongly encouraged by QR Code or link on the flyer linked HERE and posted on the home page of the Township website.
If you have not received your results 72 hours after testing and have checked your spam folder than call 888-355-0635 (note this is a change from the prior email address).
At Home Test –
- NJ Department of Health in cooperation with Vault offers a free at home testing kit.This is a PCR saliva testing. To learn more and order your kit visit Vault Testing HERE.
- Federal Government Requires At-Home Tests to be Covered by Insurance - Beginning January 15, 2022, the Federal Government will require health plans to either directly cover or reimburse at home COVID tests purchased at a pharmacy or on-line. MORE HERE.
Test Site Finder – The State COVID hub has a list of testing locations throughout the state HERE.
Free Public Testing - Free public testing is available at locations including Federally Qualified Health Centers throughout the state. Click HERE for more.
COVID Booster/Vaccinations –
Scheduling a vaccine appointment (first or second dose) or a booster/third dose:
- Review booster shot/third dose guidelines
- Marlboro Medical Arts Pharmacy (479 Route 520) has all three vaccines available. Schedule an appointment on their website.
- · Monmouth County Health Department holds vaccine and testing clinics throughout the County. Visit their website HERE.
- Other vaccine locations throughout the state can be found HERE.
Monmouth County Health Department App – Download this free app available for both Apple and Android devices to receive timely information for clinics, health and emergency preparedness.
COVID-19 Ratepayer Relief Measures – Please see prior email updates for assistance providing relief to ratepayers experiencing economic hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic. More can be found on my prior update HERE. Please review the letter from the Marlboro Water Utility HERE.
We are keeping our eye on a potential strong storm system Sunday evening though Monday morning bringing a mix of snow, sleet, rain and strong winds. We will, of course, update you as necessary.
Have a good weekend,
Mayor Jon Hornik