November 4, 2021
Weekend Update and Road Construction
This weekend we ‘Fall Back’ as daylight savings time ends. Remember to set clocks back one hour before you go to bed Saturday night. Our Fire officials remind you to test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and change the batteries if necessary.
Please note the following:
Veterans Day – Town Hall offices are closed on Thursday, November 11 in observance of Veterans Day. The drop box in the Town Hall lobby is available 24/7 as are on-line services detailed on the Township website. Police are open 24/7 and can be reached by calling 732-536-0100. Emergencies dial 911.
Veterans Day Ceremony - Please join officials and the Veterans and Volunteers Committee for a ceremony on Thursday, November 11 at 11am at the memorial in front of Town Hall.
Leaf Collection Begins by Zone - DPW will begin collecting leaves, piled and curbside by zone as per the recycling calendar. Please review the email sent earlier this week and linked HERE for dates, regulations and details.
Leaf Bag Distribution Saturday, November 6 (complete on-line permit by 1pm Friday) - We are pleased to announce that each home can receive 25 biodegradable, paper leaf bags at no cost. We will be holding a special ‘Leaf Bag Pickup’ on Saturday, November 6 from 8am to noon at the DPW yard. Simply complete the on-line SDL permit by 1pm Friday and bring it to the DPW Leaf Bag distribution in the Municipal complex to collect your leaf bags.
Leaf Bags may also be claimed Monday to Friday from 7am to 2:30pm. Simply complete the on line SDL form and bring your emailed permit with you to the Department of Public Works. Note DPW is closed November 11 in observance of Veterans Day.
Road Construction – Please see additions to last week’s road construction update:
- Nolan Road – Friday, November 5 from 7am to 5pm the road will be closed to through traffic as crews will be performing mill and pave operations between Lloyd Road and Ramsgate Drive.
- Route 79 Resurfacing –Thursday, November 4 beginning at 8pm to 6am (overnight) NJDOT Operations will begin resurfacing sections of Route 79 in various towns including Marlboro. Resurfacing work will take place Monday night through Friday night from 8pm to 6am using an alternating traffic pattern. The work is scheduled to be completed by Wednesday, November 24 however weather conditions could cause the work to continue following Thanksgiving weekend. As per NJODT specification, there will be no construction work from 11/24 at 6am to 11/29 at 8pm. Note, this resurfacing is separate from future, scheduled Capital Program Management Resurfacing Projects on Routes 79 and 34.
- Wyncrest Road – Gordons Corner Water Company is performing repairs on the water main on Thursday and Friday from 9am - 4pm on Wyncrest Road in the area of Nancy and Allison. Customers affected have been notified directly by GCW. The road remains open. Questions should be directed to GCW at 732-946-9333.
COVID Testing Truck – The Marlboro COVID Testing truck is open Tuesdays and Saturdays. The test is either via swab or saliva. No appointments are taken however pre-registration is strongly encouraged by QR Code or link. Schedule changes will be posted on the town website at Marlboro-nj.gov.
Vaccine Boosters/Third Dose - To schedule a vaccine appointment (first or second dose) or get a booster/third dose, please:
- Review state guidelines
- Marlboro Medical Arts Pharmacy (479 Route 520) has all three vaccines available. Book appointment at marlbororxnj.com
- Monmouth County Health Department has vaccine clinics throughout the County and walk in clinics every Tuesday at Brookdale Community College. See their FLYER HERE.
I wish all who celebrate a very happy Diwali.
Mayor Jon Hornik